Lori Barrett, mother of two and Founder of Thinkertots preschool education franchise, blogs about what is good for kids and how current trends in popular culture benefit or harm children.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Welcome to Lori's Blog

After having my first child more than 13 years ago, I noticed that the way I viewed myself, others and the world changed drastically. This coupled with a decade of meeting and teaching thousands of parents and children at Thinkertots have cultivated a point of view that is really based on "what's good for the children". I often think that if leaders/politicians etc make decisions and legislation based on what is best for our nation's children, our world would be a much better place for all! Hence, the title of my blog!

Mothering, or should I say "good mothering" is just about the most selfless endeavour out there and because we get so used to thinking about others needs all the time, it gives mothers an advantage when we try to make sense of this crazy world!

This blog is about applying my "MOM's" point of view to just about everything: from education, kids products, media, movies, current events etc. I welcome your comments. Some of my opinions are pretty strong so by all means, argue with me!!!!

1 comment: